Boy Meets Girl (2014, movie)

We watched that movie a few months ago. I downloaded it, but if it was showing in Cinemas in the Philippines I’d be happy to pay for my ticket twice! Before that, the only movie I knew about trans relationships was Soldier’s Girl. Well, this 2014 movie brings back trans relationships to the big screen, and it’s same quality as the best modern rom coms.

The plot: Boy Meets Girl is a tender, poignant, sexy, romantic coming of age romantic comedy about three twenty-somethings living in Kentucky: Robby, (Michael Welch, Twilight) and his best friend since childhood, Ricky, a gorgeous transgender girl, have never dated. Lamenting the lack of eligible bachelors, Ricky finds herself attracted to a girl she meets in the coffee shop where she works. Francesca is a beautiful young debutante waiting for her Marine fiancé to return from the war. Ricky and Francesca strike up a friendship, and maybe a little more, which forces Robby to face his true feelings for Ricky. This is a sex/human positive modern fable and identification with its story and themes cross all gender and sexual orientation lines.

Here’s the trailer:

Have you watched that movie? How did you like it?

Where can one view this film online?

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/boymeetsgirl/121057601 video on demand for $3.99

I watched it and really enjoyed it

This is still on Netflix and iTunes, probably other places too. It is the only chick flick I have ever purchased. Beautifully done and honest. I am a normal guy yet this movie makes me cry everytime I see it.

Michelle Hendley is not only beautiful but a real life sweetheart too. I follow her on Youtube. She posts a new video about once a week. She must have been very young when she did this film as she just turned 21 in January. She is on her way to being a hero for a new generation. Her acting career is not going so well at the moment but she is a fighter and will end up on top. I would be proud if she was my daughter.